Pension Service Member Information Workshops
Managers - Please ensure that this information is shared with employees who do not have access to email.
HSC Pension Service has resumed the provision of pension workshops and one to one pension consultations for scheme members. The workshops will, as before, be delivered to scheme members depending on their membership status of the scheme, e.g. 1995 protected, 1995/2015 transitional, 2008/2015 transitional, 2015 scheme member etc. You should check your membership status using the Which Scheme am I in flowchart
As a result of Covid 19 the workshop will be delivered via Zoom only. The workshops will last for approximately 2 hours. In order to get the most information out of the workshop, you are expected to have downloaded a copy of your latest Annual Benefit Statement. This can be accessed at https://mypension.hscni.net/ . It would also be beneficial for you if you have used the HSC Pension Service on-line calculators available at http://www.hscpensions.hscni.net/quick-links/calculators/ and kept a copy of your figures. Both the Annual Benefit Statement and the calculators will be covered during the workshop.
Staff should identify which HSC Pension Scheme they belong to by clicking the link above and then book an appropriate session using the Leaning Portal on HRPTS.
Please see dates and workshop below:
1995 Protected Members
Tuesday 17 November 2020
10:00 – 12:00
1995/2015 Transitional Members
Wednesday 18 November 2020
10:00 – 12:00
2008/2015 Transitional Members
Monday 14 December 2020
10:00 – 12:00
Places on the training MUST be booked in advance using the HRPTS system, as follows:
- Once logged in, click on Employee Self Service, then on Appraisals, Learning & Development and then on Learning Portal.
- Two options can be used to locate upcoming training dates:
The Course Catalogue – Click on Western Trust, then on Management & Organisation Development, then on HSC Pension Scheme and click on the pension scheme you belong to OR
- The Search Term box – Type HSC Pension into the box and click on the Find button. Click on the pension scheme you belong to.
- Dates and venues of scheduled sessions will now be listed. The number of places available on each session will also be shown (0 free places means the session is fully booked).
- Dates & venues of scheduled courses will be listed (change the ‘course dates for the next ‘90’ days’ to ‘365’ and click on ‘refresh course dates’ to see all scheduled courses within the year).
- Click on the course date you are interested in to see further details, e.g. start and finish times.
- Click on the Request Participation button for your preferred date and a request will be sent to your line manager for approval.
- If there are no places left on the course you want to attend, you can go onto the waiting list by clicking on ‘request waitlist booking’
- Your booking will not be confirmed until it has been approved by your manager via their HRPTS Worklist. Please alert them to your request to ensure this is done.
- Check the SAPoffice Mails tab in the Worklist area of the HRPTS portal for confirmation of your booking and any other information relating to it.
A pictorial user guide on how to make training bookings via HRPTS is available on the Trust intranet (click here to access). Managers can also make bookings on behalf of the staff who report to them (click here for user guide).
In the case of locked HRPTS accounts or forgotten passwords, please contact the HRPTS Support Team via the ICT Service Desk to have your account unlocked and/ or password reset.
If staffs need to cancel their place, this should be done as soon as possible via the HRPTS Learning Portal so that the places can be made available to other staff.
One to One Member Consultations
HSC Pension Service will continue to offer one to one pension consultations for Scheme members who have attended the pension workshops delivered by HSC Pension Service.
Given the current situation with Covid 19, these consultations will be facilitated over the phone.
The purpose of these consultations is to provide members with the opportunity to discuss any specific queries relating to their individual circumstances. Staff wishing to book a clinic slot must have attended the workshop relevant to their scheme membership first.
Please note: If you have previously applied for a One to One consultation and have not been allocated an appointment date, you must re-apply.
Please see dates available below:
One to One Member Consultations Managed by HSC Pensions Service
Friday 04 December 2020
To get the most benefit out of the consultation you should review your pension record and print off your latest Annual Benefit Statement. These can be accessed on the HSC Pension Scheme Self Service Portal available at https://mypension.hscni.net/.
It would also be beneficial if you used the HSC Pension Scheme on-line calculators available at http://www.hscpensions.hscni.net/quick-links/calculators/ and kept a record of your calculations.
Further information about the changes to the Pension Scheme is available on the HSC Pensions website http://www.hscpensions.hscni.net/ or if you have any queries regarding your pension please contact the HSC Pension Service at Waterside House, 75 Duke Street, Londonderry on 028 71319111.